Atlantic City Fun Guide
Living in Philadelphia gives you easy access to the Jersey shore on the weekends. Atlantic City being the closest shore point for me is the easiest with my work schedule. It is about an hour away with no traffic. Atlantic City has a little bit of everything. Large casino hotels, spas, indoor and outdoor pools, marina, boat charters, jet skiing, beach bars, night clubs, and boardwalk with rides for the kids.
These are 10 of my favorite things to do in Atlantic City.
- Ocean Casino Resort which sits at the end of the strip. It is the most Instagram worthy spot in the town. There are pretty art instillations throughout, large rooms, chaise lounges and towels on the beach, exhale spa which is amazing, luxury shopping, multiple pools and cabanas, top golf, blow out bar, American Cut Steak House, Ovation Concert Hall, and my favorites HQ2 nightclub and pool. HQ2 outdoor pool has day parties that are sure to satisfy your house music needs.
- Borgata/Water Club Casinos that are part of the same entity. It is not directly on the beach, but they do offer a shuttle to transport you there. The immersion spa is a perfect place to relax after a long week. The Borgata offers high end retail, and a laundry list of amazing restaurants. I have tried almost all of them and have yet to be disappointed. Izakaya by Michael Schulson, Wolfgang Puck, Bobby Flay Steak House, Old Homestead, and let’s not forget about the buffet. After all of the sun and mouthwatering eats, nightlife at the Borgata is always buzzing. Premier Night Club is the best place to dace off those vacation calories. Gypsy Bar and the beer garden are both excellent choices as well.
- The Golden Nugget to me offers the largest deluxe king rooms with sectional sofas and views of the roof top pool and marina at a reasonable price. Staying in the hotel gives you access to the H2O Pool and bar that also serves food. The pool has hot tubs, waiting pool section with lounges in the water, towels, cabanas, pool side spa services, and overlooks the marina. I think the hotel could do better in the restaurant department because I would not waste my money on their buffet, or actual restaurants. Get room service; it is a way better experience. They also offer shuttles to the neighboring beaches and hotels.
- I will always be a kid at heart and love the Steel Pier Ferris Wheel. What makes this a nice romantic adult thing to do is the bar situated next to it with the Adirondack chairs overlooking the ocean, and the Landmark Beach Bar. The frozen Pina Colada is the way to go for your trip around the wheel. It is really a pretty thing to do at sunset.
- Bungalow Beach Bar always has music thumping day and night. There is a pool for the VIP/bottle service area, hookah, cabanas, and lounge chairs. If you are looking to feel like you are somewhere tropical this is the beach bar in AC to hit for sure.
- The Bungalow Beach Bistro located on the boardwalk just above the beach bar is a fantastic in/outdoor lunch spot. The crab cakes are amazing along with the Ahi Tuna, and watermelon feta salad. The Mermaid water & Ibiza cocktails will compliment your meal perfectly. They also offer $5 margaritas at their inside bar.
- The Chelsea Beach Bar is a more toned down Bungalow style bar to me. There is still a DJ, full bar, and lounges. It is just a quieter place to relax if you are not quite ready to be in club mode. It sits at the opposite end of the strip from Ocean by the Tropicana.
- Frank S. Farley State Marina situated next to the Golden Nugget offers Jet Ski rentals and boat charters. The charters can go on fishing excursions and sunset cruises. They also take out larger parties for the day. If you are looking for something more personable this might be the thing to try here. Walking around the marina feels like you are not in New Jersey anymore. Everyone is so friendly that actually docks there. It makes me want a boat every time I walk through. I grew up doing all of that on the Chesapeake River as a kid, and are some of my fondest memories.
- Tanger outlets located in the middle of town are excellent. Let’s be real who does not like a good deal after winning, or losing money in the casinos ha-ha! A few of my favorites are J Crew, Loft, Banana Republic, Aldo, and White house Black Market.
10 Lastly, the Landmark Beach Bar. It has two floors that over look the ocean and Steel Pier. Catch it on the right day and you may just find a sand castle building contest. After, walk right out of the bar onto the beach for a relaxing day in the sun; after putting SPF on of course.
To all of my Atlantic City lovers have fun this summer!
About The Author: Katie Kerl. Born 1984. Raised in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania. Education: Drexel University studied Behavioral Psychology. Occupation: commercial/ residential design Philadelphia resident since 2011 . Hobbies include: Foodie, whiskey drinker, fitness , cooking , tattoos & house music lover. Instagram: @kerl_up_with_kate. Email: Kate.Kerl32@gmail.com. To access additional articles by Katie Kerl, click here: http://tonywardstudio.com/blog/katie-kerl-summer-beauty-short-cuts/